MELONEY LEMON: SWEET AND SOUR.

MELONEY LEMON: SWEET AND SOUR.

Sunday 9 November 2008

Feathers Ruffled

This week I joined the online discussion forum for local residents.

Like Caspar Hauser on a bad hair day, I wandered through the creaky door of this virtual village pub and everything went quiet....

A slightly obtuse statement endorsing a friend's new retail venture resulted in accusations of fraud and me being blocked from the site. People suspected I was the self promoting owner of the business. I had seriously breached the etiquette. The hostility my comment generated was amazing, even when it became clear I was unconnected to the owner.

In this cultural melting pot new tribes are still developing, both virtually and in Real Life. Tight little communities with their own rules, rituals and language. And I had spoken the wrong language...

So I apologise unreservedly to all those affected or offended...
Please accept 3 cows, a goat, and 2 Nintendogs.

3 comments:

Debi said...

To the ducking stool with you!

Meloney Lemon said...

No prizes for completing this rhyming couplet......

Debi said...

And there was I thinking I'd get a prize.

They promised I could throw the first stone. No fair ...